Say Something







By Linda Mupemo

 At this juncture, heaven does not feel so close.

Knocking but all the doors seem closed.

My cries are seemingly more silent than the footsteps of an ant.

My life is darker than a moonless night,

So dark that the sun seems dimmer than a spark between two rubbing needles.

I put my prayer on, all I get are boomerangs.

My friends getting blessed, I watch in admiration as men of God deliver heavenly messages to them.

I keep wondering when I will receive mine.

The more I try to calm the storm, the more my boat sinks.

I breathe life into the skeletons that have amassed around me, 

My oxygen is seemingly just another death pill.

I am slowly running out of my mustard-seed faith.

I am on the verge of giving up his will. 

But there is a voice inside me telling me to be still.

Lost my family, dignity, wealth and everything else I worked so hard for.

And you expect me to be still? 

Confusion does not even begin to describe my life right now.

Maybe you do not know what is at stake here. I am talking about my beautiful family, the millions I had in the bank, my property; all gone down the drain.

And I should just be ‘still’?

Where do I go from here? How do I restructure my life?

I still believe, though, that your word is the most powerful weapon I can ever possess.

I believe you still have my number in your ‘phone book’ and know the sound of my voice.

Calling you. Asking.

Shall I pursue? Will I succeed?

I am listening LORD, say something!

Comments

  1. Be Still and Know that I am the Lord..."through me the Lord is speaking to you" perfect words Linda... you enlighten my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much Macpherson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chipembi Girls Champion Climate Smart Agriculture

Her Future, Her Choice : Strengthening SRHR

Media Exchange Programme Cements China-Africa Relations