Theresa Scoops the 2020 Linda Mupemo Award for the Best Writer

By Linda Mupemo
Tears of Joy! St. Therese Girls' School Head Teacher Sr. Hillary Mupemo hands over theee envelope to Theresa. 
As secondary schools countrywide wind up on the 2020 academic year, it means one thing for my former institution - Honour's day. Most pupils at St. Therese Girls' Secondary School look forward to this memorable event. It is the day grade 12 pupils officially bid farewell to secondary school life as they have their graduation ceremony. 

Additionally, outstanding pupils are given various awards for their intellectual and creative prowess. Honour's day is annually held on 1st October. However, this year, the event was postponed due to the disruption in the school calendar resulting from the outbreak of COVID-19. On 28th November, 2020, the pupils finally received their much anticipated awards.
If you have been following me for sometime now, you know that this is the third time I am giving the Linda Mupemo award. If you are new here, here is the back story. I started giving the Linda Mupemo (LM) Award for the Best Writer at St. Therese Girls' School in 2018. Dubbed as one of the most prestigious awards at the institution, the LM award honours a pupil who exhibits good writing skills in that particular year.
Side note: I started this initiative before I had any notable award to my name. There were so many negative voices in my head that tried to stop me like "Linda Mupemo what? Girl, do not be so ambitious!" So, I pushed past those voices and went ahead with my plans. Four months later, I won my first national media award (Rural Electrification Authority Media Award for the Best Web-Based Publication). Talk about reaping what you sow! The good news is the harvest is always greater than the seed. 

 I know you have been waiting for me to say this lol.This year's recipient is none other than Theresa Phiri. Congratulations my girl . Theresa says winning the award has inspired her to broaden her sphere of writing. "Being recognized as the best writer among all the pupils has motivated me to write more. I would like to write more than compositions and stories. This is a great privilege," she says.
Cheers to inspiring the next generation of Writers!

Comments

  1. And there are more awards to be given out by the mighty Linda Mupemo ...๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiiilleee I will take this as a prophecy and run with it.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!! May there be more awards to and from your name! You are going far๐Ÿ™Œ I am so inspired❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chipembi Girls Champion Climate Smart Agriculture

Her Future, Her Choice : Strengthening SRHR

Media Exchange Programme Cements China-Africa Relations