I AM A 21st CENTURY WOMAN


A career mother at work with her baby-picture by google images

By Linda Mupemo

Gone are the days when I used to allow men to treat me like a being of a lesser god,



Or suppress my freedom. That’s a myth best told.
I can no longer be blinded by selfish individuals, who think my place is in the kitchen.

I have ‘womaned’ up, clutching my fist top over like a vixen.
With all the energies I have in me, I have removed the blind fold that blocked my eyes and suppressed my brain for so many years, fed with lies.

 I can now see clearly and make intelligent decisions which I could not otherwise.
I have been enlightened; like the moon lights up a dark night, so has light shone through all the dark corners of the gender slavery I was shoved in, I now know my worth, I was bought at a price!

Now, I know my ‘rights’, you can’t have me ‘left’ out on justice,
 I know what unfair and illegal treatment is; spare me that joke I know how precious time is.

 If you dare try to take me down that path, I will deal with you. I will pay you a wage, the wrath of the laws of the land that is due.
I know the importance of education; it increases my horizon of thinking on top of giving me rare opportunities of doing great works in this world we live in.

 I know how to be a good wife, mother and still excel in my career.
I am beautiful inside and out, with the three B’s; beauty, brains and bravery… yeah!

 I can balance it all, with the grace of God of course.
I am a super human. I am a 21st Century WOMAN!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chipembi Girls Champion Climate Smart Agriculture

Her Future, Her Choice : Strengthening SRHR

Media Exchange Programme Cements China-Africa Relations