I Almost Got Married

By Linda Mupemo

Picture courtesy of Google images
 
                                 I was so close to leaving single ville,

                                  So close to walking down the aisle.

                              Diamond rings, red roses and a ball gown.

                                     Veil, lacy pumps and a crown.

                                                All was set.

                                    I was ready to meet my groom.

                                         But, I am single again!

                    My groom says I am not what He was looking for.

                                    In my books I was qualified,

                            Yet in His books I was not qualified.

                                    And no, it was not Him.

                                             It was me.

                        See, I focused on slaying my ball gown,

                        Instead of preparing to receive my crown.

                              I focused on outward apparel,

                           Instead of polishing my inner jewel.

                           I was a bond slave of my desires,

            when He called me to be a bond-servant in His Kingdom.

                       Paradoxically, the wedding took place.

                                 Only I was not His bride.

                                 Only I am not His Mrs.

                                  I missed my groom.

                                  I missed my wedding.

                                  I missed Jesus Christ.

                             I missed my heavenly place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chipembi Girls Champion Climate Smart Agriculture

Her Future, Her Choice : Strengthening SRHR

Media Exchange Programme Cements China-Africa Relations